Completion accademic year: 2021/2022
Completion accademic year: 2020/2021
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
- The neurochemical mechanisms underlying mood disorders
This project focuses on the development and validation of experimental models of symptoms of psychiatric diseases, in particular anhedonia, which is a complex, nosographically transversal symptom that characterizes major depression but also other psychiatric disorders and has been correlated with a functional deficit of dopaminergic transmission in the mesolimbic pathways.
- The enzyme 5-alpha reductase 2 in the development of psychiatric and neurological diseases
Recent findings suggest that the enzyme 5 a -reductase type 2 (5αR2), which converts testosterone into potent dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the brain, may be a key regulator in stress-response and therefore in the pathogenesis of depression.
- New therapeutic strategies for autism spectrum disorder
The social motivational theory of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) focuses on social anhedonia as the key causal feature of the impaired peer relationships that characterizes patients and is a core symptom of ASD. This project tries to offer a new perspective for ASD therapy involving PPAR alpha agonists and endocannabinoid system.
- Bortolato, M., Coffey, B.J., Gabbay, V., & Scheggi, S. (2021). Allopregnanolone: The missing link to explain the effects of stress on tic exacerbation?. JOURNAL OF NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY [10.1111/jne.13022]. - view more
- Scheggi, S., Francesca, G., Braccagni, G., De Montis, M.G., Parenti, M., & Gambarana, C. (2020). Targeting PPARα in the rat valproic acid model of autism: Focus on social motivational impairment and sex-related differences. MOLECULAR AUTISM, 11(1) [10.1186/s13229-020-00358-x]. - view more
- Scheggi, S., Rossi, F., Corsi, S., Fanni, S., Tronci, E., Ludovica, C., et al. (2020). BDNF Overexpression Increases Striatal D3Receptor Level at Striatal Neurons and Exacerbates D1-Receptor Agonist-Induced Dyskinesia. JOURNAL OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE, 10(4), 1503-1514. - view more
- Orru, M., Strathman, H.J., Floris, G., Scheggi, S., Levant, B., & Bortolato, M. (2020). The adverse effects of pramipexole on probability discounting are not reversed by acute D2 or D3 receptor antagonism. EUROPEAN NEUROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY, 32, 104-119. - view more
- Scheggi, S., Braccagni, G., De Montis, M.G., & Gambarana, C. (2020). Heightened reward response is associated with HCN2 overexpression in the ventral tegmental area in morphine-sensitized rats. BEHAVIOURAL PHARMACOLOGY, 31(23), 283-292. - view more