Completion accademic year: 2020/2021
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
- The neurochemical mechanisms underlying mood disorders
This project focuses on the development and validation of experimental models of symptoms of psychiatric diseases, in particular anhedonia, which is a complex, nosographically transversal symptom that characterizes major depression but also other psychiatric disorders and has been correlated with a functional deficit of dopaminergic transmission in the mesolimbic pathways.
- The enzyme 5-alpha reductase 2 in the development of psychiatric and neurological diseases
Recent findings suggest that the enzyme 5 a -reductase type 2 (5αR2), which converts testosterone into potent dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the brain, may be a key regulator in stress-response and therefore in the pathogenesis of depression.
- New therapeutic strategies for autism spectrum disorder
The social motivational theory of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) focuses on social anhedonia as the key causal feature of the impaired peer relationships that characterizes patients and is a core symptom of ASD. This project tries to offer a new perspective for ASD therapy involving PPAR alpha agonists and endocannabinoid system.
- Orru, M., Strathman, H.J., Floris, G., Scheggi, S., Levant, B., & Bortolato, M. (2020). The adverse effects of pramipexole on probability discounting are not reversed by acute D2 or D3 receptor antagonism. EUROPEAN NEUROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY, 1-16. - view more
- Scheggi, S., Braccagni, G., De Montis, M.G., & Gambarana, C. (2020). Heightened reward response is associated with HCN2 overexpression in the ventral tegmental area in morphine-sensitized rats. BEHAVIOURAL PHARMACOLOGY, 31(23), 283-292. - view more
- C Godar, S., J Mosher, L., Scheggi, S., Devoto, P., M Moench, K., J Strathman, H., et al. (2019). Gene-environment interactions in antisocial behavior are mediated by early-life 5-HT2A receptor activation. NEUROPHARMACOLOGY, 159, 1-19. - view more
- Devoto, P., Flore, G., Saba, P., Scheggi, S., Mulas, G., Gambarana, C., et al. (2019). Noradrenergic terminals are the primary source of α2-adrenoceptor mediated dopamine release in the medial prefrontal cortex. PROGRESS IN NEURO-PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY & BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY, 90, 97-103. - view more
- Godar, S.C., Cadeddu, R., Floris, G., Mosher, L.J., Mi, Z., Jarmolowicz, D.P., et al. (2019). The Steroidogenesis Inhibitor Finasteride Reduces the Response to Both Stressful and Rewarding Stimuli. BIOMOLECULES, 9(11), 1-16. - view more