- Andrea Garulli was born in Bologna, Italy, in 1968.
He received the Laurea in Electronic Engineering from the Università di Firenze in 1993, and the Ph.D. in System Engineering from the Università di Bologna in 1997.
In 1996 he joined the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the Università di Siena, where he is currently Professor of Automatic Control.
He was the Dean of The Faculty of Engineering of the University of Siena from 2011 to 2012. Since 2015, he is the Director of the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics.
He has been principal investigator of several research units within national and international projects, including one STREP project founded by the European Commission within the 6th FP (2007-10), two projects of the Italian Ministry of Research (PRIN 2002 and 2005) and one project for Young Researchers of the Italian National Reserach Council (CNR 2000).
He is a Fellow of the IEEE. He has been member of the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society (2000-2003) and Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (2002-2006). Since 2013 he is Associate Editor for Automatica. He is co-editor of the books "Robustness in Identification and Control", Springer 1999; "Positive Polynomials in Control", Springer 2005; and co-editor of the special issue "Robustness in Identification and Control", on the International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 2001.
He is co-author of more than 200 technical publications in journals and conference proceedings, and of the book "Homogeneous Polynomial Forms for Robustness Analysis of Uncertain Systems", Springer 2009.
His present research interests include system identification, robust estimation and filtering, optimization techniques for robust control, autonomous systems with applications to mobile robotics and aerospace systems.
Orari di ricevimento
Giovedi' dalle 14:30 alle 16:30Luogo: Stanza r202 Torre Rossa S. Niccolò (Until January 2022. Afterwards, please send an email to garulli at ing.unisi.it)
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2022/2023
Anno di corso: 2 Laurea triennale (DM 270) INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA E DELL'INFORMAZIONE A.A. 2021/2022
Anno di corso: 1 Corso di Laurea Magistrale ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND AUTOMATION ENGINEERING A.A. 2022/2023
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2021/2022
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2020/2021
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2019/2020
Anno di corso: 1 Corso di Laurea Magistrale ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.A. 2019/2020
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2018/2019
Attività di ricerca
- Casini, M., & Garulli, A. (2022). On the advantage of centralized strategies in the three-pursuer single-evader game. SYSTEMS & CONTROL LETTERS, 160, 105122 [10.1016/j.sysconle.2021.105122]. - dettaglio
- Leomanni, M., Quartullo, R., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., & Giannitrapani, A. (2022). Variable-Horizon Guidance for Autonomous Rendezvous and Docking to a Tumbling Target. JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS, 1-13 [10.2514/1.G006340]. - dettaglio
- Leomanni, M., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., & Quartullo, R. (2021). Sum-of-Norms Periodic Model Predictive Control for Space Rendezvous. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, 1-8 [10.1109/TCST.2021.3095390]. - dettaglio
- Farina, F., Garulli, A., & Giannitrapani, A. (2021). An interpolatory algorithm for distributed set membership estimation in asynchronous networks. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL [10.1109/TAC.2021.3123210]. - dettaglio
- Leomanni, M., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., Quartullo, R., & Scortecci, F. (2021). Optimal Low-Thrust Orbit Transfers Made Easy: A Direct Approach. JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS, 58(6), 1904-1914 [10.2514/1.A34949]. - dettaglio