- Andrea Garulli was born in Bologna, Italy, in 1968.
He received the Laurea in Electronic Engineering from the Università di Firenze in 1993, and the Ph.D. in System Engineering from the Università di Bologna in 1997.
In 1996 he joined the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the Università di Siena, where he is currently Professor of Automatic Control.
He was the Dean of The Faculty of Engineering of the University of Siena from 2011 to 2012. Since 2015, he is the Director of the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics.
He has been principal investigator of several research units within national and international projects, including one STREP project founded by the European Commission within the 6th FP (2007-10), two projects of the Italian Ministry of Research (PRIN 2002 and 2005) and one project for Young Researchers of the Italian National Reserach Council (CNR 2000).
He is a Fellow of the IEEE. He has been member of the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society (2000-2003) and Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (2002-2006). Since 2013 he is Associate Editor for Automatica. He is co-editor of the books "Robustness in Identification and Control", Springer 1999; "Positive Polynomials in Control", Springer 2005; and co-editor of the special issue "Robustness in Identification and Control", on the International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 2001.
He is co-author of more than 200 technical publications in journals and conference proceedings, and of the book "Homogeneous Polynomial Forms for Robustness Analysis of Uncertain Systems", Springer 2009.
His present research interests include system identification, robust estimation and filtering, optimization techniques for robust control, autonomous systems with applications to mobile robotics and aerospace systems.
Orari di ricevimento
Venerdi' dalle 14:30 alle 16:00Luogo: Stanza 132 S. Niccolò (Until January 2021. Afterwards, please send an email to garulli at ing.unisi.it)
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2020/2021
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2019/2020
Anno di corso: 1 Corso di Laurea Magistrale ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.A. 2019/2020
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2018/2019
Anno di corso: 1 Corso di Laurea Magistrale ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.A. 2018/2019
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2017/2018
Anno di corso: 1 Corso di Laurea Magistrale ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.A. 2017/2018
ANNO ACCADEMICO DI ESPLETAMENTO: 2016/2017
Attività di ricerca
- Leomanni, M., Garulli, A., Giannitrapani, A., & Quartullo, R. (2020). Satellite Relative Motion Modeling and Estimation via Nodal Elements. JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS, 1-11. - dettaglio
- Lisini Baldi, T., Farina, F., Garulli, A., Giannitrapani, A., & Prattichizzo, D. (2020). Upper Body Pose Estimation Using Wearable Inertial Sensors and Multiplicative Kalman Filter. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, 20(1), 492-500. - dettaglio
- Leomanni, M., Garulli, A., Giannitrapani, A., & Scortecci, F. (2020). An adaptive groundtrack maintenance scheme for spacecraft with electric propulsion. ACTA ASTRONAUTICA, 167, 460-466. - dettaglio
- Leomanni, M., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., Giannitrapani, A., & Quartullo, R. (2020). Orbit Control Techniques for Space Debris Removal Missions Using Electric Propulsion. JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS, 1-10. - dettaglio
- Farina, F., Garulli, A., & Giannitrapani, A. (2019). Distributed interpolatory algorithms for set membership estimation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL, 64(9), 3817-3822. - dettaglio