- Andrea Garulli was born in Bologna, Italy, in 1968.
He received the Laurea in Electronic Engineering from the Università di Firenze in 1993, and the Ph.D. in System Engineering from the Università di Bologna in 1997.
In 1996 he joined the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione of the Università di Siena, where he is currently Professor of Automatic Control.
He was the Dean of The Faculty of Engineering of the University of Siena from 2011 to 2012. Since 2015, he is the Director of the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics.
He has been principal investigator of several research units within national and international projects, including one STREP project founded by the European Commission within the 6th FP (2007-10), two projects of the Italian Ministry of Research (PRIN 2002 and 2005) and one project for Young Researchers of the Italian National Reserach Council (CNR 2000).
He is a Fellow of the IEEE. He has been member of the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society (2000-2003) and Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (2002-2006). Since 2013 he is Associate Editor for Automatica.
He is co-editor of the books "Robustness in Identification and Control", Springer 1999; "Positive Polynomials in Control", Springer 2005; and co-editor of the special issue "Robustness in Identification and Control", on the International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 2001.
He is co-author of more than 200 technical publications in journals and conference proceedings, and of the book "Homogeneous Polynomial Forms for Robustness Analysis of Uncertain Systems", Springer 2009.
His present research interests include system identification, robust estimation and filtering, optimization techniques for robust control, autonomous systems with applications to mobile robotics and aerospace systems.
Friday from 14:30 to 16:00Place: Stanza 132 S. Niccolò (Until January 2021. Afterwards, please send an email to garulli at ing.unisi.it)
Completion accademic year: 2021/2022
Completion accademic year: 2020/2021
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT A.Y. 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
- Leomanni, M., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., & Quartullo, R. (2021). Sum-of-Norms Periodic Model Predictive Control for Space Rendezvous. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, 1-8 [10.1109/TCST.2021.3095390]. - view more
- Leomanni, M., Bianchini, G., Garulli, A., Quartullo, R., & Scortecci, F. (2021). Optimal Low-Thrust Orbit Transfers Made Easy: A Direct Approach. JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS, 1-11 [10.2514/1.A34949]. - view more
- Farina, F., Melacci, S., Garulli, A., & Giannitrapani, A. (2020). Asynchronous Distributed Learning From Constraints. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NEURAL NETWORKS AND LEARNING SYSTEMS, 31(10), 4367-4373. - view more
- Lisini Baldi, T., Farina, F., Garulli, A., Giannitrapani, A., & Prattichizzo, D. (2020). Upper Body Pose Estimation Using Wearable Inertial Sensors and Multiplicative Kalman Filter. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, 20(1), 492-500 [10.1109/JSEN.2019.2940612]. - view more
- Casini, M., & Garulli, A. (2020). Cooperative versus non-cooperative strategies in three-pursuer single-evader games. In European Control Conference 2020, ECC 2020 (pp.465-470). New York : IEEE. - view more