Full Professor at the Department of Economics and Statistics, director of the department and chairman of the course in the Environmental Economics and Development, Master in Economics. He is Lecturer in Environmental Economics. His main research interests are in the field of Environmental Economics, Environmental Policy, Sustainable Tourism, Tourism and Local Development. He was Rector Delegate for the University Campus of Grosseto; Director of the Summer School in Analyses and Researches in Tourism and Sustainability; Member of the Landscape and Heritage Committee of the Regione Toscana; Member of the Board of Directors of the Natural Park of Maremma; Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Environmental economics; Member of the Scientific Committee of Parchi, the Journal of the National Federation of the Italian Natural Parks. He is member of the Board of Governors of the Polo Universitario Grossetano, University of Siena. He collaborated with the Italian division of Europark and coordinated the projects Tourist Destination Observatory – Phase 2, Comune di Siena (2015-16) and “Education for sustainable development and legality”, financed by the Tuscany Region; coordinated the economic area of the Project “Financial Instrument for the Environment, Self-financing Protected Areas (SelfPAs) (European Commission LIFE III, 2005-2008) and the research project “Protected areas and tourism in Tuscany” financed by the Regione Toscana and IRPET (2002/03). Among the others, he was a member of the following research groups: Social and Economic Development Plan for the Natural Park of Maremma and Nature Reserves of Senese Province (2000/01); Sustainable Tourism and Local Development (PRIN 2004/06 financed by MIUR); Tourist Carrying Capacity: An Integrated approach (PAR 2004-05, financed by the University of Siena); New tools for qualitative analysis in economic dynamics (PRIN 2000/02 financed by the Italian MURST).
Tuesday from 15:00 to 18:00Place: Ufficio del docente Dipartimento di Economia Politica e Statistica Piazza San Francesco, terzo piano.
- If necessary, send an e.mail to arrange an appointment.
Completion accademic year: 2019/2020
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ECONOMICS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY A.Y. 2019/2020
Completion accademic year: 2018/2019
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ECONOMICS A.Y. 2018/2019
Completion accademic year: 2017/2018
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ECONOMICS A.Y. 2017/2018
Completion accademic year: 2016/2017
Course year: 1 Second cycle degree (Laurea Magistrale) ECONOMICS A.Y. 2016/2017
Completion accademic year: 2015/2016
Completion accademic year: 2014/2015
- Bimonte, S. (2019). Tourism Development As a Resident-Tourist Exchange Process: an Economic Theoretic Interpretation. In J.M.H. A. M. Campón-Cerro (a cura di), Best Practices in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management. A Quality of Life Perspective (pp. 63-76). Cham : Springer. - view more
- Bimonte, S., Bosco, L., & Stabile, A. (2019). Nudging pro-environmental behavior: evidence from a web experiment on priming and WTP. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT, 1-17. - view more
- Bimonte, S., & Stabile, A. (2019). The impact of the introduction of Italian property tax on urban development: a regional regression model. HOUSING STUDIES, 1-23. - view more
- Bimonte, S., D'Agostino, A., Grilli, G., & Pagliuca, M. (2019). Tourist season and residents' life satisfaction: Empirical evidence from a longitudinal design in a Mediterranean destination. THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 21(3), 323-333. - view more
- Bimonte, S., D'Agostino, A., & Grilli, G. (2019). Tourist season and determinants of residents' subjective well-being. ANNALS OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 1-4. - view more